Machine Learning10-701/15-781, Fall 2012
Eric Xing, Aarti Singh
School of Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University
- Time: Monday and Wednesday from 10:30-11:50am
- Location: Wean 7500
- Recitations: Thu, 5:00-6:30 pm Newell Simon Hall 1305
- Info about grading and textbooks.
- Info about the instructors and TAs.
- Recitations Schedule
- Information about course project
- Final exam will be on Monday December 17, from 5:30p.m. to 8:30p.m., in GHC 4401.
- Homework 3 solutions, Homework 4 solutions
- Final report deadline extended to Wednesday December 5th at 11:59pm (i.e. tomorrow at midnight).
- New final report submission requirement: email your final reports in PDF format to the instructor mailing list 10701-instructors at cs dot cmu dot edu (deadline is still Wednesday December 5th at 4:30pm). Hard copy not required.
- New poster session time and location: Monday December 3rd, 10am to 2pm in GHC 6115 and 6121.
- There is a typo in last part of problem 3 in HW4. Since it is exponential loss, the formula should be 'exp(-1/beta*y_i*f_T(x_i))' instead of 'exp(1/beta*y_i*f_T(x_i))'. The HW4 has been updated.
- Poster format and printing information available here.
- HW 4 is out. It is due 11/28.
- There is a slight typo in Question 3, Expectation Maximization of HW 3. It does not change the answer. HW3 has been updated with the correction.
- Project midway report due Monday 11/5 at the beginning of class. Submit with graded project proposal attached.
- HW 3 is out. It is due 11/14.
- HW2 Question 3 (coding), NOTE: implement L2 regularization instead of L1.
- HW1 solution released.
- Midterm Exam: Wed 10/17, in class, close book. Topic covers Lecture 1~9 and 11.
- HW 2 is out. It is due 10/29
- Late homework policy updated: for those of you who have to submit the homework in the weekends, please email your homework assignments to 10701-instructors@cs
- HW 1 is out. It is due 09/26
- Class begins on Monday 9/10, see you in class!
- IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST:
If the class is fully subscribed, you
may want to consider the following options:
- Come to the first several lectures and see how the course develops. We will admit
as many students from the waitlist as we can, once we see how many
registered students drop the course during the first two weeks.
- Take the class when it is offered again in the Spring semester;
- Come to the first several lectures and see how the course develops. We will admit as many students from the waitlist as we can, once we see how many registered students drop the course during the first two weeks.
- The class mailing list is 10701-announce@cs. If you wish to email only the instructors, the email is 10701-instructors@cs
- If you are registered for the course, you have automatically been added to the mail group. If you are for some reason NOT receiving these announcements, you can subscribe via the 10701-announce list page
© 2012 Eric Xing @ School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University