I'm interested in Data Mining, Signal Processing & Optimization Algorithms for
Data Mining and Multi-way (Tensor) Analysis, as well Coupled Matrix-Tensor Analysis. More specifically, I'm currently
interested in discovering how knowledge and information is expressed and stored in the brain, through
analyzing brain scan data (possibly from diverse experiments), coupled with external information. Additionally, I'm also interested in anomaly detection on very large graphs, especially when temporal or multi-view information is present.
You can download a .pdf of my CV here
- Ph.D: Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University USA, Computer Science Department, August 2011 - present.
Advisor: Prof. Christos Faloutsos
- M.Sc: Electronic and Computer Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece, March 2010 - July 2011, under the supervision of Prof. Nikos Sidiropoulos.
Courses GPA: 9.625/10
- Diploma: Electronic and Computer Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece, September 2005 - February 2010 (4.5 out of 5 years), under the supervision of Prof. Nikos Sidiropoulos.
Grade: 9.05/10 (Excellent- in the top 2% of all the Department's graduates).
, Spectral Graph Theory and Numerical Linear Algebra
Multimedia Databases and Data Mining (audit)
, Graduate Algorithms, Semantics of Programming Languages, Information Processing & Learning
, Social Media Analysis
, Computer Architecture
, Introduction to Machine Learning
Detection & Estimation Theory, Convex Optimization, Approximate Methods for Very Large Datasets, Analysis & Design (Synthesis) of Telecom Modules
Academic & Research Experience
- Intern at Microsoft Research Silicon Valley. Worked at the Search Labs with Dr. Rakesh Agrawal on electronic education systems and social media web search, May 2014 - August 2014.
- Intern at Microsoft Research Silicon Valley. Worked at the Interaction & Intent group with Ariel Fuxman and Ashok Chandra, on Contextual Search, May 2013 - August 2013.
- Teaching Assistant and web-master for the Graph Analytics Workshop, organized at Carnegie Mellon University, September 10-13, 2012
- Contributed in the writing of NSF IIS-1247489 BIGDATA: Mid-Scale: DA: Collaborative Research: Big Tensor Mining: Theory, Scalable Algorithms and Applications (with Tom Mitchell and UMN: Nikos Sidiropoulos, George Karypis).
- Reviewer for conferences: WWW 2013, IEEE ICDM 2011 (list), and MILCOM 2012, for the SIGMOD Workshop DyNetMM 2013, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (IEEE TKDE) and Springer's Encyclopedia on Social Nework Analysis and Mining.
- Graduate Researcher at the CS Department of CMU, September 2011 -present
- Teaching Assistant for the Statistical Signal Processing for Communications course at TUC, March 2011 - August 2011
- Teaching Assistant for the Introduction to Optimization course at TUC, September 2010 - February 2011
- Graduate Researcher at the ECE department of TUC, May 2010 - August 2011