Algorithms, Summer 2019 at CIS
- Instructor: David Woodruff
- Lectures: M-F 8:15-10:05 for A class, 12:45-14:45 for B class. Location: A3-301
- Office hours: M-F 10:15-11:15 for B class and 11:15-12:15 for A class. Location: A2-Office 2
- TAs: Haotian Yuan (email@example.com) and Zhengjie Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- TA recitation: M-F 15:00-17:00 and alternating during office hours for A and B classes. Location: A3-310
Design and analyze algorithms!
Algorithms: divide-and-conquer, hashing and data structures, randomization, linear programming
Analysis: recurrences, probabilistic analysis
Dual to Algorithms: complexity theory and lower bounds
New Models: data streams
Grading is based on 3 homeworks each worth 10%, an exam worth 20%, a final project worth 40%, and class participation worth 10%
We encourage homework solutions, scribe notes, and final projects to be typeset in LaTeX. If you are not familiar with LaTeX, see this introduction.
Materials from the following course might be useful in
various parts of this course:
Maintained by David Woodruff