PDF with scans of the originals (213KB)
15 February 82
All DG PRs
All AG PRs
All DGs AGs
All WW/Cont Mgmt Chfs
All DG/AG SCs
THE VITAL ROLE OF PR
It is now nearly 2 years since we were advised of the need for the Overwhelming Public Popularity Campaign. Part of the original campaign idea was to really move out into society with the Purification Rundown and use it to bridge masses of people into Scientology.
Today more than ever the world needs Scientology and the Purification Rundown. Drugs, toxic wastes, chemicals in our daily food and air pollution are the products of modern society that harmfully affect most of the people on this planet.
Now the Guardian's Office has its target of $50 million Purif sales to be made by 1 July. The vital role of PR in order to help achieve this target is without question.
Within the scope of policy (HCOPLS OT Orgs; Targets, Defense; and Public Image to name a few) we are looking at expanding our purpose and areas of operation so that we really are taking over the handling of the field of mental health.
It is the job of PRs to make the Purif the thing to do - to create a craze
greater than jogging.
PR backup to get media and media features on the Purif is essential. PR needs to create the image that the Purif is the 'in thing', the latest health fad and craze sweeping the world. PRs need to coordinate their activities with other bureaux to create the maximum popularity for the Purification Rundown. Where there is a PR product such as a media article on its value, supplementary advertising should be done, so that readers know where to go to have the Purif delivered.
PRs need to ally opinion leaders, professionals and government officials in the area of health so that they inspect and validate the Purification Rundown. With this type of backup PR makes the Purif the thing to do by popularizing it through media channels.
While full scale marketing and delivery plans are worked out, PR needs to get busy doing its thing. Attached is a guideline of the immediate actions that PRs can move on over the next 3 weeks to back up marketing and delivery activities.
The Purif 50M Target belongs to the whole GO. So PRs........ GO TO IT.
|PURIF SPECIAL PJT i/c WW|
|T/DG PR WW|
|authorized by||AVC WW|
PR ACTIONS TO FLANK PURIF $50 MILLION TARGET
1. Using existing material [on] Purif available in your area sell feature stories on the Purif on a pure interest basis to the health magazines and papers.
2. Survey the medical literature in your area covering the fields of
pharmacology, therapeutic sweating, toxicology etc. and list out the key
individuals in those areas who are working on rated subjects to the Purif. Get
familiar with what these persons are saying so that you understand what they are
doing: Then get meetings set up with them on the basis of the practical work
that has been done
by LRH on this area.
3. Meet these key individuals, interest them in the Purif and its results and close them on making favourable statements on the idea of the Purif.
4. Gain the support of local celebrities who have done the Purif, to speak about it in all public appearances.
5. Where you get favourable media on the Purif, get permission to reprint it and circulate it broadly to the media.
6. Using [Cb?] statements (with their permission), have stories written for presentation to the media for publication.
7. Incorporate into all PR media interviews our position against drug bondage and the wonders of the Purification Rundown.
8. Gather up from the orgs raving success and 'miracle success stories' from Purification RD completions. Get photos of the persons and notorized statements attesting to their gains. Package these up as media stories and sell to special interest magazines.
9. Use our incredibly fast Scn. comm lines. Where an excellent media article on the Purif has appeared in one area, send it immediately to your Cont PR and WW so that it can be redistributed to other areas.
10. Get the Purif message tagged onto all org events.
Get Scientologists fired up to assist the GO in its delivery efforts.
11. Use individual Scientologists with media comm lines or involved in the media themselves to promote the Purif message.
MAKE THE PURIF THE THING TO DO. PROMOTE DRUGS AS THE THING OF THE PAST AND THE PURIF AS THE THING OF THE FUTURE.
|WDC INFORMATION LETTER 7||
12 June 1983
Have you ever wondered by what exact means we were going to get LRH Tech into standard use in all the various secular (non-Church) sectors of society?
The vehicle is the Social Coordination Network.
The Social Coordination Network (originally part of the Guardian Office but now a separate network) was established in 1974 for the purpose of assisting primarily those groups involved in revitalizing the fields of education, drug and criminal rehabilitation, utilizing LRH's indispensible technology.
While Social Coordination (or SOCO) still stresses these areas, it will expand to coordinate a multitude of areas where either individuals will act or groups will form up to get L.RH Tech adopted and standardly used in all walks of secular life.
The Social Coordination network deals in the most part with groups that are not part of the Church but are operating in their spheres utilizing LRH technology, such as Narconon or Applied Scholastics. Social Coordination sees to it that the tech is being properly used and also sees to its broad promotion, adoption and use.
Social Coordination sees to it that the groups involved fully acknowledge L. Ron Hubbard as the Source of the technology they utilize.
Social Coordination, for example, will be fully responsible for revitalizing our planet's poor state of education through export of LRH study tech. In HCO PL 4 April 72R ETHICS AND STUDY TECH, LRH states, "This is also our bridge to society."*
To get Earth's population off harmful drugs, to decriminalize it and to make it literate is indeed a huge task but it will be done.
And as well many other avenues exist for the application of LRH tech in society and Social Coordination exists to encourage Scientologists and even non-Scientologists to form up and get LRH tech applied.
Social Coordination is there to coordinate these activities, to monitor their standardness, and to help.
The need and responsibility of all Scientologists, right now, is to help in this game.
Social Coordination and Scientologists engaged in such activities have an important job to do in relation to achieving the Aims of Scientology® (Applied Religious Philosophy):
"A civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights, are the aims of Scientology®." (Applied Religious Philosophy)
In an orderly and coordinated manner we will make remarkable progress toward those aims.
If you care and are interested, or have information of possible use regarding the above, contact your nearest SOCO Office.
Copyright © 1965, 1972, 1983 by L. Ron Hubbard ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
CSI : AVCI : WDCSOCO : iw
Copyright © 1983
by the Church of Scientology
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
For more information contact:
Social Coordination International
4833 Fountain Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Back to Stop-Narconon.org's Documents