Résumé of Rujith de Silva
WWW-related programming, HTML (and extensions), CGI & FastCGI,
httpd, C, customizing multiple Web servers,
Perl5 & Oraperl, Oracle, SQL, SQLPlus, SQLNet, ProC, cryptography,
Lotus Notes & Domino, etc.
- Senior Research Scientist, Nets, Inc.,
September 1996 - present.
- Developing cryptographic techniques, implementing an anonymous
negotiation system, investigating advanced search tools, developing a
high-performance commerce architecture.
- Manager, Advanced Applications, Industry.Net (a
subsidiary of Nets, Inc.),
May 1996 - August 1996.
- Improving Web server and Oracle performance, investigating
advanced search tools.
Software Engineer, Industry.Net, Pittsburgh, PA.
Consultant July 1994 - December 1995, full-time Summer 1995,
full-time December 1995 - May 1996.
Writing and maintaining a World-Wide Web
server (http://www.industry.net/), setting up an associated Oracle
database, and integrating it with the WWW server using ProC and
- Software Programmer, Astromed, Cambridge, UK.
June - September 1990
Writing image processing and image analysis
software in C to detect DNA bands in images of DNA fingerprints.
- Software Programmer, Qudos, Cambridge, UK.
July - September 1989
- Modifying chip-design CAD package in Modula-2
to work with multiple chips and setting up layout data for new chips.
Modifying chip simulator algorithm to handle generic
- Software Programmer, GEC Software, London, UK.
July - September 1988.
- Designing software development tools for
in-house use and implementing same in C as `helpers' to TenPlus integrated
Personal WWW Projects
- A WWW front-end to the online
CMU library servers. Restricts some areas to CMU users by authenticating
them using CMU's Kerberos file-protection system.
Sree's Lunch on the Web
- An online lunch-ordering system at CMU. Performs authentication and
validation of orders by using CMU's Kerberos file-protection system, and
also PGP-signatures hidden in HTML forms.
- Carnegie Mellon University
September 1991 - December 1995
- Doctoral Student in the School of
Computer Science. Proposed thesis on `Reasoning about Goal-Interactions in
Non-Linear Planners.' Awarded M.Sc. in Computer
Science (June 1994).
- University of Cambridge, U.K.
October 1988 - June 1991.
- Bachelor of Arts ( B.A. (Hons.)) degree in
- Selectively Delaying Linking Commitments in Partial-Order Planners,
European Workshop on Planning, 1995.
- Goal-Clobbering Avoidance in Non-Linear Planners, Student Abstract,
Proceedings of AAAI, 1994.
Honors and Awards
- Olivetti Prize for Excellence in Computer
Science, by University of Cambridge, June 1991.
- Edwyn Charles Hart Memorial Prize by Churchill
College, University of Cambridge, June 1991.
- First place in Class Lists for Computer Science,
University of Cambridge, in all three years of the course: 1989, 1990,
- Churchill College Scholarship, in all three
years of the course: 1989, 1990, 1991.
- IEE Scholarship by Institution of Electrical
Engineers, U. K., 1991.
- Sri Lankan nationality.
- Date of birth: May 11, 1968.
|Rujith de Silva|
2353 Massachusetts Ave Apt 56
Cambridge MA 02140-1244