- 2018/10: I will be attending FAT* in Atlanta in January.
- 2018/07: I will be attending ACL in Melbourne in July.
- 2018/06: I will be attending NAACL in New Orleans in June.
- 2016/01: I am currently a visiting student at the University of Washingotn.
I am working at the intersection of machine learning, natural language processing, and computational social science. Broadly speaking, I am interested in what we can learn about society from what people write - in the news, social media, historical documents, and more!
- Dallas Card, Michael Zhang, and Noah A. Smith. Deep Weighted Averaging Classifiers. In Proceedings of FAT*, Atlanta, Georgia (2019). [Code]
- Dallas Card, Chenhao Tan, and Noah A. Smith. Neural Models for Documents with Metadata. In Proceedings of ACL, Melbourne, Australia (2018). [Supplementary] [Code]
- Dallas Card and Noah A. Smith. The Importance of Calibration for Estimating Proportions from Annotations. In Proceedings of NAACL, New Orleans, LA (2018). [Supplementary] [Code]
- Chenhao Tan, Dallas Card, and Noah A. Smith. Friendships, Rivalries, and Trysts: Characterizing Relations between Ideas in Text. In Proceedings of ACL, Vancouver, BC (2017).
- Dallas Card, Justin H. Gross, Amber E. Boydstun, and Noah A. Smith. Analyzing Framing Through the Casts of Characters in the News. In Proceedings of EMNLP, Austin, TX (2016). [Supplementary]
- Dallas Card, Amber E. Boydstun, Justin H. Gross, Philip Resnik,and Noah A. Smith. The Media Frames Corpus: Annotations of Frames Across Issues. In Proceedings of ACL, Beijing, China, (2015). [Supplementary] [Data]
- MA, International Development Studies, Dalhousie University.
- BASc, Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo.
- I'm originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, but I have also lived in Toronto, Waterloo, Halifax, Sydney, Kampala, Pittsburgh, and now Seattle!
- I am an occassional guest on The Reality Check podcast! You can hear me in episodes #466 (biased algorithms), #382 (deep learning), #362 (Simpson's paradox), and #227 (fMRI and vegetative states).
- I love to travel and sometimes I write about it.