- 2016/10: I will be attending EMNLP in Austin.
- 2016/09: I will be attending Text as Data in Boston.
- 2016/05: I will be attending ICCSS in Chicago.
- 2016/01: I am currently a visiting student at the University of Washingotn.
I am working at the intersection of machine learning, natural language processing, and computational social science. Broadly speaking, I am interested in what we can learn about society from what people write - in the news, social media, historical documents, and more!
- Card D, Gross JH, Boydstun AE, Smith NA. Analyzing Framing Through the Casts of Characters in the News. In Emperical Methods for Natural Langauge Processing (ENMLP 2016), Austin, TX, November 2016. [Supplementary]
- Card D, Boydstun AE, Gross JH, Resnik P, Smith NA. The Media Frames Corpus: Annotations of Frames Across Issues. In Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2015), Beijing, China, July 2015. [Supplementary] [Data]
Before coming to CMU, I worked in Margot Taylor's neuroimaging lab at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada.
Here are some of my past publications:
- Duerden EG, Card D, Roberts SW, Mak-Fan KM, Chakravarty MM, Lerch JP, Taylor MJ. Self-injurious behaviours are associated with alterations in the somatosensory system in children with autism spectrum disorders. Brain Structure and Function, 219 (2014) 1251-61.
- Card D, Nossin-Manor R, Moore AM, Raybaud C, Sled JG, Taylor MJ. Brain metabolite concentrations are associated with illness severity scores and white matter abnormalities in very preterm infants. Pediatric Research 74 (2013) 75-81.
- Duerden EG, Card D, Lax ID, Donner EJ, Taylor MJ, Alterations in frontostriatal pathways in children born very preterm. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 55 (2013) 952-8.
- Nossin-Manor R, Card D, Morris D, Noormohamed S, Shroff MM, Whyte HE, Taylor MJ, Sled JG. Quantitative MRI in the very preterm brain: Assessing tissue organization and myelination using magnetization transfer, diffusion tensor and T1 imaging. NeuroImage 64 (2013) 505-516.
- MA, International Development Studies, Dalhousie University.
- BASc, Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo.
- I'm originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, but I have also lived in Toronto, Waterloo, Halifax, Sydney, Kampala, Pittsburgh, and now Seattle!
- I love to travel and occasionally I write about it.