Color Cast Experiment Results
Here are some results of a color constancy algorithm I have been working on.
The data set was collected by Brian Funt's group at Simon Frasier University and can be found here.
Notes on image processing:
- Before color processing all of the images were clipped at a brightness level of 100 to better simulate real world exposure levels.
- After color processing (to facilitate screen based comparison) all of the images (including the original ones) were processed to have the same mean and a gamma correction of 2.2 was applied.
Notes on image labels:
- Original Image = uncorrected (but still clipped) image
- Gray World Correction = simple gray world such that all three channel means are equal
- Bayesian Correction = combination of EM and Bayesian correction
- Best Diagonal Correction = best possible diagonal transfomation determined from a calibration patch in the image
The settings I used to generate these images can be found here.
Results for Ball 1 Image
Results for Ball 2 Image
Results for Book Image
Results for Coffee Cup Image
Results for Cruncheroos Image
Results for Flowers Image
Results for Javex Bleach Image
Results for Macaroni Box Image
Results for Rope Image
Results for Shampoo Bottle Image
Results for Tide Box Image
Last modified: Tue Mar 21 11:39:06 EST 2000