NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS ****
- *** 3/22***:
Solutions for HW3 are out.
- *** 3/19***: Homework 4 is out.
- *** 3/19 ***: default project - phase 2: the datasets are also available here
- *** 3/8 ***: project phase2: reduced workload for 1-person teams (p.3, red highlight)
- *** 2/24 ***: final exam schedule: at the hub
- *** 2/22 ***: Sample midterm exam (internal to CMU - please do not post/publish)
- *** 2/20 ***: Midterm exam study guide is out
- *** 2/20 ***: HW3 is out
- *** 2/14 ***: Solutions for HW2 are out
- *** 2/12 ***: Check clarifications for default project - project description, and grading scheme, with yellow or red highlights.
- *** 2/6 ***: Solutions for HW1 are out
- *** 2/3 ***:
for postgres, for phase2 of default project
- *** 2/1 ***:
HW2 is out
- *** 1/25 ***:
Project information is out
- *** 1/23 ***: HW1 is out.
- *** 1/14 ***:
to the class! First lecture is on Wed. Jan 18.
- Instructor: Christos
( christos @ andrew )
- GHC 8019, cell ph (412)-576.79 three two
- office hours: Tu 2-3pm; also, by appointment
- TA and office hours:
- LIU, Yuang yuangl@andrew; Fri 3-4pm, GHC 5th floor Citadel Commons
- CHANDRASEKARAN, Sanjay sanjayc @ andrew
- FERNAU, Joey : rfernau @ andrew
- NAHTA, Mohak : mnahta @ andrew
- VARMA, Tanay : tvarma @ andrew
- Course admin: Mrs. Ann Stetser, GHC8125.
- Class meets: M-W, 3:00-4:20, HH B131
- URL for this very web page: www.cs.cmu.edu/~christos/courses/826.S17/
Late Policy - for
- No delay penalties, for medical/family/etc emergencies (bring
written documentation, like doctor's note).
- Each person has 4 'slip
days' total, for the whole
- That is, no questions asked, if the total delay is 4
- 5% per day of delay, after that
- email you material to all the TAs
- with the subject line: 15-826 Homework Submission (HW #)
- and the count of slip days you use, as well as the count of slip days left
- Regrade requests should be done in writing/email
- within 2 days
- to the TA that
graded the question, and specifying
in the remote case there is no satisfactory resolution,
please contact the instructor.
- the question
under dispute (e.g., 'HW0-Q.2.b')
- the extra points requested (e.g., '2 points out of 5')
- and the justification (e.g., 'I forgot to eliminate
mirror pairs, but the rest of my answer was correct')
Homework pick-up information
- You may pick up graded homeworks etc, from the course admin
- Mrs. Ann Stetser, GHC
- 9:00-11:15am, 1:30-4:30pm
- with photo-id
(for your privacy protection)
- Midterm study guide, and sample exam (internal to CMU) *** New, 2/22 ***
- ***2/24***: Final exam date/time: at the hub
We will use the 'blackboard'
announcements, and homework deposits - for everything else, we will
use this very web page.
- ACM SIGKDD home page
(the MAIN site for data
mining: tools, datasets and other resources)
- KDD nuggets: wealth
information for data mining - datasets, software, jobs, call for
papers etc etc.
- ACM SIGMOD home page
resources, free software, papers, conference info)
- DASL ( Data and
Story Library - statistical
tools and datasets)
- info about hadoop and