NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS ****
- *** 4/25 ***: for NON-default projects: demo instructions are out
- *** 4/25 ***: Final exam study guide is out.
- *** 4/18 ***: HW4 solutions are out
- *** 4/16 ***: see p.6 of updated default project, for detailed grading scheme of phase3.
- *** 4/16 ***: EXTENSION: phase3 due date is moved to Wed 4/20, for default and non-default projects alike.
- *** 4/5 ***: default-project, phase2: partial-credit grading scheme is out (we will return all of ph2, on 4/6)
- *** 3/28 ***: extension - HW4 is due 4/4
- *** 3/22 ***: Solutions for HW3 are out
- *** 3/14 ***: HW4 is out
- *** 2/29 ***: Default-project grading scheme, for 1-person teams
- *** 2/21 ***: HW2 solutions are out
- *** 2/17 ***: midterm study guide is out
- *** 2/15 ***: HW3 is out
- *** 2/3 ***: Homework 1 pickup: from
the course admin, Mrs. Marilyn Walgora, GHC 8120
*** 2/3 ***: HW1 solutions are out
- *** 2/1 ***: Review questions: check http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~christos/courses/826-resources/REVIEW-QUESTIONS/
- *** 1/25 ***:
HW2 is out
- *** 1/19 ***: Project information is out
- *** 1/11 ***:
HW1 is out
- *** 1/8 ***:
to the class!
- Instructor: Christos
( christos @ andrew )
- GHC 8019, cell ph (412)-576.79 three two
- office hours: Tu 1-2pm; also, by appointment
- TAs and office hours (all at Citadel Commons)
- Di JIN, dijin@andrew
- Varshaa NAGANATHAN, vnaganat@andrew; Thu 1:30-2:30pm
- Wan-Shu (sue) LAI, wanshul@andrew; no office hours
- Zhoucheng LI, email@example.com; Mon 11:00am-12:00noon
- Course admin: Mrs. Marilyn Walgora, GHC8120.
- Class meets: M-W, 3:00-4:20, DH 1212
- URL for this very web page: www.cs.cmu.edu/~christos/courses/826.S16/
Late Policy - for
- No delay penalties, for medical etc emergencies (bring
- Each person has 4 'slip
days' total, for the whole
- That is, no questions asked, if the total delay is 4
- 5% per day of delay, after that
- *** New 2/15 ***: To use slip days:
- email you material to all the TAs
- with the subject line: 15-826 Homework Submission (HW #)
- and the count of slip days you use, as well as the count of slip days left
- Regrade requests should be done in writing/email
- within 2 days
- to the TA that
graded the question, and specifying
in the remote case there is no satisfactory resolution,
please contact the instructor.
- the question
under dispute (e.g., 'HW0-Q.2.b')
- the extra points requested (e.g., '2 points out of 5')
- and the justification (e.g., 'I forgot to eliminate
Homework pick-up information
- You may pick up graded homeworks etc, from the course admin
- Mrs. Marilyn Walgora, GHC
- 9:00-11:45am, 1:15-4:15pm
- with photo-id
(for your privacy protection)
- Project information (new, Jan. 19, 2016).
- default project: updated, with 1-person-team grading scheme (Feb. 29, 2016)
- Midterm study guide is out.
- Final exam study guide is out.
We will use the 'blackboard'
announcements, and homework deposits - for everything else, we will
use this very web page.
- ACM SIGKDD home page
(the MAIN site for data
mining: tools, datasets and other resources)
- KDD nuggets: wealth
information for data mining - datasets, software, jobs, call for
papers etc etc.
- ACM SIGMOD home page
resources, free software, papers, conference info)
- DASL ( Data and
Story Library - statistical
tools and datasets)
- info about hadoop and