**** NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS ****
- *** 5/1***: office hours before final:
- instructor: We May 7, 2-3pm; Fri May 9, 12-1pm
- TA: Mo May 5, 11-12noon; Thu May 8, 10-11am
- *** 4/30 ***
Study guide for final exam is
- *** 4/24 *** no
office hours by Hanghang (away, 4/23-4/26). Instead, he will have
- 11am-12am, Mon. 4/28 (extra)
- 10am-11am, Thur. 5/1 (normal)
- *** 4/21*** Grading scheme for Phase 3 is out
- *** 4/8 *** Solutions to HW2 are out
- *** 4/8 *** no office
hours by instructor on 4/9 (away)
- *** 4/3 *** Homework 3 is out
- *** 3/4
***: Extra office hour by instructor: Fri 3/7, 12-1pm
- (and the normal ones: wed 3/5, wed 3/12, 2-3pm)
- no office hours by TA during 3/4-3/19 (away).
- *** 2/20 ***: Midterm study guide is out; Extra office hours
for midterm, in addition to the usual ones:
- Christos: 5-6pm Fri 2/22 (plus usual: 2-3pm Wed)
- Hanghang: 11-12noon, Mo 2/25 (plus usual: 10-11am Thu)
- *** 2/18 *** Regrading policy: requests for regrading should be
done in writing, explaining (a) the rationale behind the request
and (b) the number of additional points requested.
- *** 2/15 *** :Homework 1 solutions are out.
- *** 2/12 *** For the
project proposal, as announced in class today
- division of labor: make
sure you mention the tasks and expected task duration, for each
- no double credit: if
you are doing a related project for another class or for your
dissertation, that's fine, but specify exactly which tasks are for
our class, and which tasks are for the other
- *** 2/5 *** Check the 'blackboard' for our
course bulletin board (notice that all other functions are
- *** 2/4 *** Late policy: 3 slip days, that you may use
for the homeworks (only).
- You may use all three for one homework, or 1 for each, or in
any other combination.
- No penalties, no need to provide justification.
- After that, 5 per cent penalty per day of delay.
- The slip days apply only to homeworks; delay on project
deliverables is 5 per cent per day of delay, for the whole
- *** 2/3 ***: OMNI-trees
paper added to reading list
- *** 1/27 ***: Homework 1 is out
- *** 1/20 ***: Project information is
- Welcome to the class!
Notice that all other functions have been disabled!