**** NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS ****
- *** 12/9 ***
: Check the quiz questions (added question on IFS etc)
- *** 12/2 *** : Room of posters: 7-th floor atrium of GHC (12-5pm, Fri 12/7, as announced)
- *** 12/2 ***: Final exam study guide is out
- *** 12/2 *** : HW3 solutions are out.
: 2 extra `slip days' to everybody (see bboard announcement)
- *** 11/16 *** : HW2 solutions are out
*** 11/12 ***
: Check the quiz questions
on SVD and tensors
- *** 10/25 ***: global feedback from phase1 and guidelines for phase2
- *** 10/24 ***: stats about midterm etc are here
- *** 10/24 *** : HW2 is out.
- *** 10/18 *** : Quiz questions are out - and will keep on being updated
- *** 10/17 *** : HW1 solutions are out
- *** 10/14 ***: Midterm exam study guide is out.
- *** 9/26 ***: by popular request, the *.pps (='read only') lecture foils are on the schedule page, or, directly, in this directory.
- *** 9/19 ***: HW1 is out (see below)
- *** 9/17 ***: project guidelines and suggested projects, are out - see below
- *** 9/9 *** NO office hours for the week of 9/10
(neither by instructor, nor TAs - our apologies)
- *** 9/9 *** Homework 0 is out
- Instructor: Christos Faloutsos,
(christos <at> cs.cmu.edu)
- GHC 8019, ph (412)-268.1457
- office hours: We 2-3pm; also, by appointment
- Antonio Juarez, ajuarez <at> cs.cmu.edu, office hour: Fri 2pm, GHC8015.
- Robert Fisher, rwfisher <at> cmu.edu, office hour: Mo 3pm, GHC8227.
<at> cs.cmu.edu, office hour:
Fri 4:30pm, GHC9009. (Notice the hour change, as of 9/21)
- Class meets: Tu-Th 12:00-1:20, GHC 4307
- URL for this very web page: www.cs.cmu.edu/~christos/courses/826.F12
Late Policy - for all deliverables:
- No delay penalties, for medical etc emergencies (bring doctor's note).
- each person has 4 'slip days' total, for the whole semester.
- That is, no questions asked, if the total delay is 4 days or less.
- 5% per day of delay, after that
We shall use the
for discussions, announcements,
and homework deposits - for everything
else, we shall use this very web page.
- ACM SIGKDD home page (the
MAIN site for data
mining: tools, datasets and other resources)
wealth of information for data mining -
datasets, software, jobs, call for papers etc etc.
- ACM SIGMOD home page (DBMS
resources, free software, papers, conference info)
- StatLib (statistical
tools and datasets)
- info about hadoop and PIG