DownloadsUse the link below to download my complete cv.
PDF version of my CV (6 pages)
For some reason, my industry resume is not currently converting properly to pdf. If you would like an 2 page resume, please email me at ciera [at] cmu [dot] edu.
Carnegie Mellon University2005 - Present
Software Engineering PhD Student (website)
Advisor: Dr. Jonathan Aldrich (website)
California Polytechnic State University2000 - 2005
B.S. in Software Engineering (website)
Senior project: Software for a climbing wall, complete with cool graphics for drag-and-drop features to manipulate the wall, and an AI component to determine the ratings of routes and find new routes.
Co-taught Foundations for Software EngineeringUpper-division undergraduate course. Carnegie Mellon, Spring 2009. Co-taught with Bill Scherlis.
TA for Analysis of Software ArtifactsMasters course. Carnegie Mellon, Spring 2008. Professor: Jonathan Aldrich.
TA for Foundations for Software EngineeringUpper-division undergraduate course. Carnegie Mellon, Spring 2007. Professors: Bill Scherlis and Jonathan Aldrich.
TA for Accelerated Introduction to Computer ScienceLower-division undergraduate course. Cal Poly, Fall 2002. Professor: Clint Staley.
TA for Accelerated Introduction to Computer ScienceLower-division undergraduate course. Cal Poly, Fall 2001. Professor: Clint Staley.
eBayStatic analysis engineer for eBay Marketplaces. May 2006-August 2006. (eBay's website)
- Ran a cost-benefit analysis of static analysis tools, including Fortify, Klokwork, Daikon, and Fluid
- Created a process for managing static analysis tools within eBay’s intricate and tightly controlled software lifecycle
- Implemented the tool management process by integrating FindBugs into the eBay development and SQA cycles
VizolutionsTeam lead and developer on a CMS for LEVEL-Studio. August 2004 - June 2005. (Vizolution's Website, LEVEL's Website)
- Ported LEVEL's content management system from EJB to .NET
- Architected the database layer and wrote key utilities and modules on the web layer
- Created a process that allowed our 10 person team to separate core functionality from vendor-specific functionality
- Content management system is in use by several vendors, including The Tennis Channel and Quiksilver
MicrosoftIntern program manager for Visual Studio Tools for Office. June 2003 - August 2003. (VSTO's website)
- Wrote full specifications for two new features
- Carried out a usability study, reported the data, and presented suggestions to improve VSTO
- Wrote three mini-specs for controversial features and gained team consensus on solutions
VizolutionsProject lead and developer for two projects for Applied Technology Associates. May 2001 - May 2003. (Vizolution's Website, ATA's Website)
Project lead of a Java Swing project that surveys oil wells for Applied Technology Associates
- Filtered, merged, and prioritized feature requests from three user classes
- Organized releases and decided if patches should be sent out
- Designed and implemented over 30,000 lines of safety critical code in a 100,000 line application
- Tested teammate’s code through code reviews, automated test scaffolds, and black- box testing
- Received bugs from a world-wide field and debugged them using software and hardware log files
- Developed functionality that computed user-defined algebraic functions on generic data sets
- Maintained a drag and drop dialog that assisted a user in creating an oil drill-string
- First place in SPLASH Student Research Competition
- Awarded by ACM SRC at SPLASH in 2010.
- Los Alamos National Labs Fellowship
- Awarded by Los Alamos National Labs in 2008, renewed through 2010.
- John Vlissides Award
- Awarded by ACM SIGPLAN at OOPSLA in 2008.
- J.L. Moore Fellowship
- Awarded by the Computer Science Department at Cal Poly in 2005.
- Outstanding Graduating Senior for Academic Excellence
- Awarded by the College of Engineering at Cal Poly in 2005.
- Accenture Outstanding Junior in Computer Science
- Awarded by the Computer Science Department at Cal Poly in 2003.
- Competitive Edge Scholarship
- Awarded by the Wal-Mart Foundation from 2000-2005.
- California 4-H Diamond Star (State Ambassador)
- Award by California 4-H for 1999-2000.