- A critical look at three of parallel computing's maxims.
B. M. Maggs. Proceedings of the 1996 International Symposium on Parallel
Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks (I-SPAN'96), June 1996, to
- This paper takes a critical look at the following three maxims.
- 1. Parallel architecture is converging on a design based on
commodity microprocessor chips.
- 2. Wormhole routing is decidedly more efficient than
- 3. The PRAM is an unrealistically ideal model of computation.
- Back to other
- Back to my home page