To be filled out in class on May 1
1. Are there any topics we didn't cover that should be added next time the
course is taught?
2. Are there any topics that we covered that you would eliminate or spend
less time on next time?
3. Are they any topics we should spend more time on next time?
4. Was there any material that was the same as you covered in another HCII course? If so, what course and what material? Should that material be eliminated from my course?
4. Please rate the lectures: (Circle appropriate number)
Material Covered Too Fast -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 Too Slow
Lectures were Boring 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Interesting
5. Any constructive suggestions for improving the lectures?
6. What did you think about implementing a benchmark multiple times? Should
we use that style again?
7. Was it too hard to implement the benchmark so many times? Should we reduce
it to three times instead of four?
8. What do you think about requiring the use of Amulet as the last
9. Are there any tools we should encourage the students to use or
discourage the students from using?
10. Did you buy any of the recommended books (Nielsen, Norman or Myers)?
If so, which one(s), and were they useful?
11. How many of the required readings did you read?
All Some One None
12. How many of the optional readings did you read?
All Some One None
13. Did you like receiving the optional readings? Should just the required
readings be handed out?
14. Any comments on the books or readings?
15. This is a 12 unit course, with 3 hours of lectures, so you should be
spending about 9 hours a week on homeworks and readings. Averaged over the
term, does this sound about right? If not, what should be made longer or
16. This course contained undergraduates, MS students and PhD students. I
would appreciate any recommendations about how to make it appropriate for
each group. Do you feel that it was appropriate for people at your level?
If not, which level, and why not? Please recommend how it could be changed
to be more appropriate.
17. Do you think this course should be offered again? Would you recommend
that your friends take it? If not, what would you change?
18. Was this course what you were expecting? If not, please explain.
19. What did you like best about the course? What did you like the least?
20. Any other suggestions or comments?
Thank you very much for helping me improve this course!
Back to 05-830 main page