Vizier was created in the days of Windows NT. The setup.exe still seems to work under XP, but not perfectly. Good luck! Here's what we believe you should do (and what worked for Andrew on his Window's XP box)...
- Download vizier_install.zip
- Create a directory somewhere on your machine, e.g. C:\vizier
- Extract the files from the .zip into that directory
- Run (by double-clicking on it in windows explorer) setup.exe
- Follow the Wizard steps
- When you're done, on Windows XP there seems to be no icon on your
desktop, or entry in your start menu. But to run the application you
can go to the directory C:\Program Files\SPR\Vizier and double-click on "eye".
- From then on, you can use
the Vizier tutorial to guide you.