Call for Student Scholarship Applications
The Organizing Committee of EMNLP 2015 announces the availability of scholarships for students participating in the EMNLP 2015 conference in Lisbon, Portugal, September 17–21, 2015.
We are offering 8-10 grants for students, to support travel and registration expenses. The grants will cover at the minimum the registration fee for the full registration package (main conference and workshops/tutorials). The final amount of the grant will vary depending on the number of days of the stay, the cost of the travel, the quantity of money available, and the number and type of applicants. Preference will be given to students presenting a paper at the main conference that they co-authored.
Applicants must be full-time students and they should provide:
- Short CV and motivation letter (not longer than one page each), including a description of the availability (or not) of alternative funding sources.
- EMNLP main session or workshop paper(s) acceptance notification(s) (if applicable).
- Proof of student status.
- Signed statement of a faculty supervisor certifying that the applicant is her/his student and endorsing the student for the scholarship. The supervisor is encouraged to mention also any under-represented groups the applicant belongs to.
- City from which the student is traveling. If possible, add a screenshot from a travel website (e.g., travelocity.com, kayak.com, expedia.com, etc.) to show an estimate of the travel cost.
Applications have to be sent to the Student Scholarship co-Chairs, using the following email address: email@example.com. The Subject field has to start with: “Application for EMNLP 2015 student grants”.
Submission of applications can be done at any time starting on August 4.
- Application deadline is August 26, 2015 (11:59pm, UTC/GMT-11 hours)
- Notifications will be sent out by September 2, 2015.