More Positive Mutations
The Washington Post's "Style Invitational" asked readers to take any
word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting or changing
one letter, and supply a new definition. Here are some recent
- Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of
- Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
- A lecherous Mr. Potato Head.
- The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient
who doesn't get it.
- To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
- Terminal coolness.
- A degenerate disease.
- A poorly planned break-in. (See: Watergate)
- It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad
vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like a serious
- All talk and no action.
- Dopeler effect
- The tendency of stupid ideas to seem brighter when they
come at you rapidly.
- Euphoria at getting a refund from the IRS, which lasts until
you realize it was your money to start with.
Back to my home page
Last modified: Tue Aug 24 12:04:45 PDT 1999