Proposal to Host AIPS 2000
The International Artificial Intelligence Planning Systems conference is
held every two years and the AIPS Executive
Council is seeking proposals from organizations wishing to host AIPS
2000. The deadline for proposals is October 1, 1998 and the
Executive Council will choose the venue for AIPS 2000 by October 30,
There is no set format for the proposal, but potential applicants may
like to include:
Approximately $15,000 is available as profits from previous AIPS
conferences as seed money for AIPS 2000. This money is required to guarantee
the existence of the AIPS conference series and each organization
applying to host AIPS 2000 must show how they aim to cover the costs of
the event (and, if possible, make a slight profit).
- Organizers and organizational structure.
- Details of the venue and accommodations available to delegates.
- List of potential invited speakers.
- Additional events, e.g. workshops, competitions, demonstrations,
- An outline budget of the the event.
- List of potential sponsors and support organizations.
Proposals to host AIPS 2000 should be addressed to Reid Simmons and
sent to the address below (electronic submissions are encouraged!).
School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15241, USA
Tel: (412) 268-2621 - Fax: (412) 268-5576