This problem focuses on embedded real-time systems. These systems must deal
with external sensors and actuators, and they must respond in time commensurate
with the activities of the system in its environment.
Consider the following activities a mobile robot typically has to
A number of factors complicate the tasks:
- Acquiring the input provided by its sensors.
- Controlling the motion of its wheels and other moveable parts,
- Planning its future path.
- Obstacles may block the robot's path.
- The sensor input may be imperfect.
- The robot may run out of power.
- Mechanical limitations may restrict the accuracy with which the robot moves.
- The robot may manipulate hazardous materials.
- Unpredictable events may leave little time for responding.
- Design Considerations
Updated Halloween 95 by
Comments to maintainer