15-418/15-618: Parallel Computer Architecture and Programming, Spring 2020:
- Two exams are scheduled for the course:
- Exam 1: Wed Feb 26
- Coverage: Lectures up through Friday, Feb. 21
- Study aids:
- Be sure you have studied and understand the official solutions to exercises 1, 2, and 3
- Here is a practice exam, based on
questions from previous exams, and here is
the solution. These are only a
representative sample of the types of problems you may encounter. You
might find the exercises a more reliable indicator of the test
- Exam 2: Starting Wednesday, April 15
- This semester's Exam 2 will be conducted as a take-home exam
- Here is a copy of the exam handout.
- Here is a list of clarifications.
- You will prepare your answers, using the answer form that you can obtain
in either pdf or tex format.
- Here are the instructions that will accompany the exam.
- They describe a very strict set of policies regarding what resources you may use at what forms of communication you can have about the exam.
- When you submit the exam, you will be required to sign the following pledge:
I do hereby swear that, in generating my answers to this exam, I made
use of only the resources explicitly listed in the exam document. I
did not have any communication of any form with anyone other than the
course instructors and teaching assistants about the contents of
- You will be given 48 hours to complete the exam, i.e., until 12:00 Noon EDT on Friday, April 17.
- If there is some reason you do not believe you will be able to make this deadline, you must inform us
by Tuesday, April 14 and get an explicit waiver from us.
- Be sure to read the protocol for requesting clarifications or additional information. These requests
must be made within the first 24 hours of the exam.
- The exam will be designed so that someone with complete preparation can complete it in two hours. We are allowing
48 hours only to provide more flexibility, and to account for the fact that students may be operating in different time zones.
- Coverage: All lectures through Friday, April 3, with emphasis on material covered since Monday, Feb. 24.
- Study aids:
- Review the problems of Exercises 4 and 5 and their solutions carefully.
- Here is the Spring 2019 Exam 2.
attempt to fully solve the exam problems before looking at the
- Here is the Spring 2019 Exam 2 solution.