Evaluation forms that will be used for grading
Synthesis Lectures on Mobile & Pervasive Computing
Published by Morgan & Claypool
These can be freely accesses by all Carnegie Mellon students and faculty).
The links below will only work from a machine with a CMU IP address.
- Intelligent Notification Systems (Abhinav Mehrotra, Mirco Musolesi, 2019)
- Privacy in Mobile and Pervasive Computing (Marc Langheinrich, Florian Schaub, 2018)
- Mobile User Research: A Practical Guide (Sunny Consolvo, Frank Bentley, Eric Hekkler, Sayali Phatak, 2017)
- Pervasive Displays: Understanding the Future of Digital Signage (Nigel Davies, Sarah Clinch, Florian Alt, 2013)
- Cyber Foraging: Bridging Mobile and Cloud Computing via Opportunistic Offload (Jason Flinn, 2012)
- Mobile Platforms and Development Environments (Sumi Helal, Raja Bose, Wendong Li, 2011)
- Quality of Service in Wireless Networks Over Unlicensed Spectrum (Klara Nahrstedt, 2011)
- The Landscape of Pervasive Computing Standards (Sumi Helal, 2010)
- A Practical Guide to Testing Wireless Smartphone Applications (Julian Harty, 2009)
- Location Systems: An Introduction to the Technology Behind Location Awareness (Anthony LaMarca, Eyal de Lara, 2008)
- Replicated Data Management for Mobile Computing (Douglas B. Terry, 2008)
- Application Design for Wearable Computing (Dan Siewiorek, Asim Smailagic, Thad Starner, 2008)
- Controlling Energy Demand in Mobile Computing Systems (Carla Schlatter Ellis, 2007)
- RFID Explained: A Primer on Radio Frequency Identification Technologies (Roy Want, 2006)
Restricted Resources (DO NOTE SHARE OR DISTRIBUTE)
These are only for use by enrolled students in this class.
You can find these in subdirectories of the AFS directory
classnoteswill contain lecture slides.
checkpointswill contain slides used by groups for project checkpoints
commscanswill contain slides used by groups for their CommScan presentation
posterswill contain the posters used with the final demos