Homework assignments and solutions
- Problem set 1:: Data set 1:: Data set 2:: Solution (due Feb 15th)
- Problem set 2:: Data set:: Solution (due Feb 29th)
- Problem set 3:: Data set 3 :: plotting script (svm) Solution Solution - code 1 Solution - code 2 (due Mar 19th)
- Problem set 4:: Data set 4 ::Solution (due Apr 9th)
- Problem set 5 :: Solution (due April 25th)
Homework collaboration policy
Homeworks will be done individually: each student must hand in their own answers. It is acceptable for students to collaborate in figuring out answers and helping each other solve the problems. We will be assuming that you will be taking the responsibility to make sure you personally understand the solution to any work arising from such collaboration. You also must indicate on each homework with whom you collaborated.
Late homework policy
- Grading policy for late homework:
- Homework is worth full credit at the beginning of class on the due date.
- It is worth 75% for the next 24 hours.
- It is worth half credit from 24 to 120 hours after the due date (homeworks are usually due on Wednesday so this means that if you hand them in by the following Monday you will can receive 50% of the total grade).
- It is worth zero credit after that.
- You must turn in at least 4 of the 5 homeworks, even if for zero credit, in order to pass the course.
- Turn in all late homework assignments to Michelle Martin.
Homework regrades policy
If you feel that we have made an error in grading your homework, please turn in your homework with a written explanation to Michelle Martin and we will consider your request. Please note that regrading of a homework may cause your grade to go up or down.