U.S. mail address:
Computer Science , GHC 8019
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3891
Admin: Tony Mareino
412-268.5567, GHC 7227
email: amareino AT andrew DOT cmu DOT edu
If interested in grad studies, postdoc, summer internship, etc:
Thank you for your interest!
Please see this first.
If in the wait-list for 15-415/615:
again, thank you for your intersest!
Please see this.
If in the wait-list for 15-826:
Similarly, please see this.
Current Position: Professor.
Courtesy appointment: Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Academic Degrees: Ph.D. and M.Sc. (University of Toronto.); B.Sc.
(Nat. Tech. U. Athens)
and full CV
customized for funding agencies,
- Data Mining for graphs and streams
- Fractals, self-similarity and power laws
- Indexing and data mining for video, biological and medical
- Data base performance evaluation (data placement, workload
In the news:
- Oct. 2004: Ranked among the top 50 nurturers in information
technology by a study at the Indian
Institute of Science.
- Nov. 2005: Mentioned in the Greek newspaper 'To Vima' (full
article, in Greek
- Dec. 2005: Interview in the Dec. 2005 ACM
SIGMOD record (Distinguished Database Profiles)
- Dec. 2006:
release about the NetProbe project for auction fraud
detection - joint work with Polo Chau, Shashank Pandit and Sam
Wang. Also in
- Jan. 2009: (in Greek) Interview in the first student
9-11) of the Athens University of
Economics and Business. Also, coverage of NetProbe (pp. 12-13) . For more
details, see the home page of the
Oct. 2012: NSF
press release 12-187
on BIG DATA grants
- Fall 2016: 'Fraudar' paper
Detection of fake twitter followers, fake yelp reviews etc.
Joint work with Bryan Hooi, Hyun Ah Song, Alex Beutel, Neil Shah,
] [ Software] [
[ Courses] [ Service] [ Misc.]