Next: Narrowing Prev: Sorting Up: Top
Running Shell Commands from Emacs
Emacs has commands for passing single command lines to inferior shell
processes; it can also run a shell interactively with input and output
to an Emacs buffer `*shell*'.
Run a specified shell command line and display the output
Run a specified shell command line with region contents as input;
optionally replace the region with the output
Run a subshell with input and output through an Emacs buffer. You
can then give commands interactively.
- Single Shell
- How to run one shell command and return.
- Interactive Shell
- Permanent shell taking input via Emacs.
- Shell Mode
- Special Emacs commands used with permanent shell.
- Shell HistoryRepeating previous commands in a shell buffer.
- Shell OptionsOptions for customizing Shell mode.
automatically generated by info2www