Next: Display Prev: Rectangles Up: Top
Emacs "registers" are places you can save text or positions for
later use. Text and rectangles saved in registers can be copied into
the buffer once or many times; you can move point to a position saved in
Each register has a name which is a single character. A register can
store a piece of text, a rectangle, a position, a window configuration
or a file name, but only one thing at any given time. Whatever you
store in a register remains there until you store something else in that
register. To see what a register R contains, use `M-x view-register'.
`M-x view-register RET R'
Display a description of what register R contains.
- RegPosSaving positions in registers.
- RegTextSaving text in registers.
- RegRectSaving rectangles in registers.
- RegConfigSaving window configurations in registers.
- RegFilesFile names in registers.
automatically generated by info2www