Next: Asm Mode Prev: C Mode Up: Programs
Fortran mode provides special motion commands for Fortran statements
and subprograms, and indentation commands that understand Fortran
conventions of nesting, line numbers and continuation statements.
Fortran mode has it's own Auto Fill mode that breaks long lines into
proper Fortran continuation lines.
Special commands for comments are provided because Fortran comments
are unlike those of other languages.
Built-in abbrevs optionally save typing when you insert Fortran
Use `M-x fortran-mode' to switch to this major mode. This command
runs the hook `fortran-mode-hook' (Note: Hooks.).
- Fortran MotionMoving point by statements or subprograms.
- Fortran IndentIndentation commands for Fortran.
- Fortran CommentsInserting and aligning comments.
- Fortran AutofillAuto fill minor mode for Fortran.
- Fortran ColumnsMeasuring columns for valid Fortran.
- Fortran AbbrevBuilt-in abbrevs for Fortran keywords.
Fortran mode was contributed by Michael Prange. It has been updated
by Stephen A. Wood who has collated the contributions and suggestions
of many users.
automatically generated by info2www