Next: C Mode Prev: Tags Up: Programs
Merging Files with Emerge
It's not unusual for programmers to get their signals crossed and
modify the same program in two different directions. To recover from
this confusion, you need to merge the two versions. Emerge makes this
easier. See also Note: Comparing Files.
- Overview of Emerge
- How to start Emerge. Basic concepts.
- Submodes of Emerge
- Fast mode vs. Edit mode.
Skip Prefers mode and Auto Advance mode.
- State of Difference
- You do the merge by specifying state A or B
for each difference.
- Merge Commands
- Commands for selecting a difference,
changing states of differences, etc.
- Exiting Emerge
- What to do when you've finished the merge.
- Combining in Emerge
- How to keep both alternatives for a difference.
- Fine Points of Emerge
automatically generated by info2www