Next: GNUS Prev: Dired Up: Top
The Calendar and the Diary
Emacs provides the functions of a desk calendar, with a diary of
planned or past events. To enter the calendar, type `M-x calendar';
this displays a three-month calendar centered on the current month, with
point on the current date. If you use prefix argument as in `C-u M-x
calendar', it prompts you for the month and year to be the center of
the three-month calendar. The calendar uses its own buffer and the
major mode is Calendar mode.
To exit the calendar, type `q'.
- Calendar Motion
- Moving through the calendar; selecting a date.
- Scroll Calendar
- Bringing earlier or later months onto the screen.
- Counting Days
- How many days are there between two dates?
- General Calendar
- Exiting or recomputing the calendar.
- Displaying dates of holidays.
- Displaying local times of sunrise and sunset.
- Lunar Phases
- Displaying phases of the moon.
- Other Calendars
- Converting dates to other calendar systems.
- Displaying events from your diary.
- Reminders when it's time to do something.
- Daylight Savings
- How to specify when daylight savings time is active.
automatically generated by info2www