Next: Undo Prev: Exiting Up: Top
Basic Editing Commands
We now give the basics of how to enter text, make corrections, and
save the text in a file. If this material is new to you, you might
learn it more easily by running the Emacs learn-by-doing tutorial. To
start the tutorial, type `Control-h t' (`help-with-tutorial').
To clear the screen and redisplay, type `C-l' (`recenter').
- Inserting Text
- Inserting text by simply typing it.
- Moving Point
- How to move the cursor to the place where you want to
- Deleting and killing text.
- Basic FilesVisiting, creating, and saving files.
- Basic HelpAsking what a character does.
- Blank Lines
- Commands to make or delete blank lines.
- Continuation Lines
- Lines too wide for the screen.
- Position Info
- What page, line, row, or column is point on?
- Numeric arguments for repeating a command.
automatically generated by info2www