Welcome Steelers Fans!
This is a home page for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Soon, there should be
a Steelers FAQ linked in here. For now, there's only a link to a page
with info about steelers-list, the
electronic mailing list for the Steelers!
All this is brought to you by me, Vernon Harmon, your friendly neighborhood Steeler-man!
The space below contains the most up-to-date news on the Steelers: scores,
injuries, trades, etc. And there will soon be a link here for a current Steelers
- Click here to see a breakdown of the AFC Central.
- Click here to go to the NFL page.
- Click here to see the most recent posts on the Usenet "alt" newsgroup for the Steelers.
Click here to go to the Nando X Steelers page.
Last updated: January 1, 1995
The Cleveland Browns defeated the New England Patriots 20-13 in the Wild Card Round of the
AFC Playoffs. Next week Cleveland will come to Pittsburgh for a Divisional Round game. This
will be the first time Pittsburgh and Cleveland have ever played against each other in the playoffs. [1-1]
Miami, the number three seed in the AFC Playoffs, defeated Kansas City 27-17. This means
that next week Miami will play San Diego and Pittsburgh will play the winner of tomorrow's
Cleveland/New England game. [12-31]
By defeating the Cleveland Browns 17-7 in Pittsburgh, the Steelers have won the AFC Central
Division Crown and secured Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs for the second time
in Bill Cowher's three seasons as Head Coach. [12-18]
Click here to see some older news from this off-season.
FREE AGENT NEWS!
Free Agents Lost:
- Merrill Hoge RB (Bears)
- Donald Evans DE (Jets)
- D.J. Johnson CB (Falcons)
- Rick Strom QB (Bills)
- Kenny Davidson DE (Oilers) - 3 yr. contract, $3M
Free Agents Signed:
- Ray Seals DE (Buccaneers)
- John L. Williams RB (Seahawks)
- Walter Rasby TE (rookie, Wake Forest)
- Jonathan Hayes TE (released by Chiefs)
- Corey Holliday WR (rookie, North Carolina)
- Mike Baker WR (rookie, West Virginia)
- Jon Volpe RB (rookie, Stanford)
- Andre Allen C (rookie, Jacksonville State)
- Curtis Parker OT (rookie, North Carolina)
- Latish Kinsler S (rookie, Cincinnati)
- Frank Adams CB (rookie, South Carolina)
- Dominic Calloway CB (rookie, Memphis State)
- Patrick Scott LB (rookie, South Carolina State)
- Ed Robinson LB (rookie, Florida)
- Chris Williams DE (rookie, Hampton)
- Pheathur Edwards DE (rookie, Jackson State)
- Elbert Ellis WR (rookie, Pittsburgh)
- Todd Kalis G (Vikings) - 3 yr. contract
- Leroy Thompson RB (Steelers) - 1 yr. contract, $649K
- Justin Strzelcyk OL (Steelers)
- TE Adrian Cooper was traded to the Vikings for 1995 draft picks.
- Jeff Graham, last year's leading receiver for the Steelers, was traded to Da Bears for a conditional 1995 draft pick.
- Round 1:
- 17. Charles Johnson WR(Colorado)
- Round 2:
- 50. Brentson Buckner DE(Clemson)
- Round 3:
- 88. Jason Gildon DE(Oklahoma State)
- 91. Byron Morris RB(Texas Tech)
- Round 4:
- 122. Taase Faumui DE(Hawaii)
- Round 5:
- 140. Myron Bell DB(Michigan State)
- 148. Gary Brown OT(Georgia Tech)
- Round 6:
- 178. Jim Miller QB(Michigan State)
- 180. Eric Ravotti LB(Penn State)
- Round 7:
- 209. Brice Abrams RB(Michigan State)
Click here to see more info on the Steelers' draftees.
All times are Eastern
Sunday, Sept. 4: Dallas L 9-26
Sunday, Sept. 11: @Cleveland W 17-10
Sunday, Sept. 18: Indianapolis W 31-21
Sunday, Sept. 25: @Seattle L 13-30
Monday, Oct. 3: Houston W 30-14
Week 6: bye
Sunday, Oct. 16: Cincinnati W 14-10
Sunday, Oct. 23: @NY Giants W 10-6
Sunday, Oct. 30: @Arizona L 17-20
Sunday, Nov. 6: @Houston W 12-9
Monday, Nov. 14: Buffalo W 23-10
Sunday, Nov. 20: Miami W 16-13
Sunday, Nov. 27: @LA Raiders W 21-3
Sunday, Dec. 4: @Cincinnati W 38-15
Sunday, Dec. 11: Philadelphia W 14-3
Sunday, Dec. 18: Cleveland W 17-7
Saturday, Dec. 24: @San Diego L 34-37
Regular Season Record: 12-4
AFC Central Division Champions!
Saturday, Jan. 7: Cleveland 12:30pm
Last updated: May 26, 1994
As a service to Steelers fans everywhere, here is a compilation of places to see Steelers games when you can't see them
on TV. I take no responsibility for the validity of this list, nor am I endorsing any of these
establishments -- this is provided only as an information service. If you know of any places
not included on this list (preferably outside of Pittsburgh, since you can watch the game on
TV anywhere in the 'Burgh area), please send me the relevant info at email@example.com
being sure to follow the format of the other entries. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.
The Steelers Digest is a fan magazine/newspaper devoted to the Steelers,
published by Curtis Publishing.
Subscriptions are priced as follows (as of 8/19/95)
One year $36.95(US)
Two years $58.95(US)
Three years $82.95(US)
Steelers Media Guide - Add $2.00
Disclaimer: I am not connected in any way with the Steelers Digest.
- (305) 477-1346 (FAX)
ATTENTION! I am pleased to announce that Curtis Pubishing
is making plans to establish a presence on the Internet. They
are starting out their foray into on-line publishing by reading the
newsgroups and mailing lists that pertain to football. They are doing this
first in order to try and determine what the Internet fans want and expect
from an on-line sports service.
To help facilitate this, they have assigned one of their editors
to investigate the Internet and all of its possibilities. Joan Kite
(firstname.lastname@example.org) is the representative that Curtis Publishing
has assigned to this project and she has been lurking on the net for
some time now, observing and learning about how we Internet fans
operate. And because I think that it's important to have as much
information about the Steelers as possible on the Internet, I have
agreed to provide advice and support to Joan and to Curtis Publishing
in their efforts to create a viable Internet presence.
With that in mind, the Steelers Digest has agreed to make a
special offer to Internet users for subscriptions to all their newspapers.
If you subscribe to the Digest (or Football News, Dolphins, Eagles, Steelers
or Saints Digest), just mention that you saw the information on the 'Net and
they will cut your one-year subscription cost to $30, two year subscription
cost to $50 or your three year subscription cost to $75. This is a one-time only offer
available until the end of August! Current subscribers can extend their
subscriptions at the 'Net rate.
Click here to see full size image.
Click here to ftp some Steelers pictures.
Vernon H Harmon, email@example.com