Freeware by Mark Maimone
Web Pages and Presentations
- Web Tutorial
- A quick introduction to the Web! Read through the pages at your
leisure (following any links that look interesting), or use them as
slides for a one-hour Web Introduction talk. Give the talk live,
then let your viewers read the slides again at their leisure!
- A list of pointers to Computer Vision resources on the Internet.
This is the most popular research page being served by CMU's
Computer Science Web server!
- Mark Maimone's Home Page
- Check out the latest Space-related pointers on the Web! Also
contains a bunch of Web Weaving pointers.
Rayshade imagery and local
guide (CMU IUS Suns only)
Check out some sample images generated by the Rayshade ray-tracer!
View them as JPEG's, RLE (Utah Raster Toolkit 24bit) images, or in
their original text-based description language.
- Find out what's going on in our Physics-Based Vision Laboratory.
- Stereo Image
Datasets with Ground Truth
- Free access to several sets of images, with camera and lens
calibration parameters and X-Y-Z locations of several scene points.
- Hand-on Science Centers
- Looking for a good place to visit while travelling? Check this list
of science museums that encourage interactive science
- The Death
- The oft-maligned CMU Student Center has finally bitten the dust. Take
pleasure in its demise via this time-lapsed sequence of images.
to Get an Email Account (1992, PostScript format)
- Seven page article describing modems, terminals, CompuServe, ATTmail
and the like. Intended for novices, but somewhat outdated.
Introduction to Rayshade slides (in LaTeX)
- The slides from an introduction to Rayshade and the Utah Raster
Toolkit talk given in 1992. Currently only available in LaTeX format.