To be filled out in class on April 30
1. Are there any topics we didn't cover that should be added next
time the course is taught?
2. Are there any topics that we covered that you would eliminate or spend
less time on next time?
3. Are they any topics we should spend more time on next
4. Please rate the lectures: (Circle appropriate number)
Material Covered Too Fast -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 Too Slow Boring 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Interesting
5. Any constructive suggestions for improving the lectures?
6. What did you think about implementing a benchmark multiple times?
Should we use that style again? Was writing the reports useful as a learning
7. Was it too hard to implement the benchmark so many times? Should we
reduce it to three times instead of four?
8. What do you think about requiring the use of Amulet as the last
9. Are there any tools we should encourage the students to use
discourage the students from using?
10. Should there be homeworks that more directly address the material covered
in the lectures?
11. How many of the required readings did you read?
All Some One None
12. How many of the optional readings did you read?
All Some One None
13. In previous years, all the readings were handed out in hardcopy. Was it better or worse to just have them on-line?
Better in hardcopy OK Either way Better on line
14. Any comments on the text or readings?
15. This is a 12 unit course, with 3 hours of lectures, so you should be spending about 9 hours a week on homeworks and readings. Averaged over the term, does this sound about right? If not, what should be made longer or shorter?
16. This course contained undergraduates, MS students and PhD students.
I would appreciate any recommendations about how to make it appropriate
for each group. Do you feel that it was appropriate for people at your level?
If not, which level, and why not? Please recommend how it could be changed
to be more appropriate.
17. This is a required course for some of the HCII PhD students. Do you think
it is appropriate as a required course? Why or Why not?
18. Do you think this course should be offered again? Would you recommend that your friends take it? If not, what would you change?
19. Was this course what you were expecting? If not, please explain.
20. What did you like best about the course? What did you like the least?
21. Any other suggestions or comments?
Thank you very much for helping improve this course!
Back to 05-830 main page