Object Systems for Knowledge Representation
Developing complex object-oriented software with complex knowledge
representation functions requires powerful object system support. To
support our software efforts we have developed object systems that in
various ways help us use frame-like features in our implementations:
Interested? We are currently
considering making these tools available for outside users. Please
contact Ora Lassila for
information about the licensing of these software tools.
- PORK ("Programmable Objects for
Representing Knowledge") is an extension of CLOS that introduces some
features of frame systems to CLOS-programming. Rather than being a
programmable frame-system, PORK is a programming system with support
for frame-based programming.
- SCAM ("Substitute for CRL And More") is simple a substitute for
CRL (which used to be the main knowledge representation tool used in
our software development). SCAM allows one to quickly port CRL-based
software to non-CRL enviroments (Allegro CL, Macintosh Common
- O.Lassila, PORK Object System - Programmer's Guide, CMU Robotics Institute technical report CMU-RI-TR-95-12, April 1995.
- O.Lassila, Oliojärjestelmän laajentaminen metaobjektiprotokollan avulla (Extending an Object System Using a Metaobject Protocol, in Finnish). Unpublished working paper, Department of Computer Science, Helsinki University of Technology, 1992.
- O.Lassila, Frames or Objects, or Both?, Workshop Notes from the Eighth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-90): Object-Oriented Programming in AI. AAAI, Boston (MA), 1990.
Jump to --> ICL Lab home page