From Airport to Carnegie Mellon
- Leave airport and turn left onto parkway toward Pittsburgh.
Do not take any exit from the Parkway until AFTER you pass through
the Fort Pitt Tunnel. You are nearing the tunnel and city when
you pass the Greentree Exit and go down a long grade. As you approach
the tunnel, take the middle or left-hand lanes to enter.
- As you leave the tunnel, take a second to admire our city's
FRONT DOOR! Follow across the Fort Pitt Bridge, and take the
sharp right exit ramp at the end of the bridge, (onto I-376
eastbound). CAUTION!!! This ramp and the following merge lanes
can be DANGEROUS!!!
- Stay in the right lane on 376 and take Oakland Exit 5 which
becomes Forbes Avenue. At end of ramp, merge onto Forbes, which
is one way.
- Past the Oakland business district is the University of Pittsburgh's
Cathedral of Learning tower located at Bigelow Boulevard. Just
beyond it is Bellefield Avenue where Forbes becomes a two-way
- Continue in right lanes of Forbes Avenue past University of
Pittsburgh tower. Forbes switches to two way traffic at Bellefield
Avenue so stay in the right-hand lane following straight ahead
on Forbes. (CAUTION!!! left-hand lanes head into oncoming traffic).
- Pass Carnegie Museum and traffic light on Craig Street. Cross
bridge. Pass next traffic light at Morewood.
- Turn right into the driveway entrance to the campus parking
- If you have no visitor's permit, there is meter parking available
in the garage and on various sites around campus. After 4pm,
parking EVERYWHERE on campus, including the garage, is FREE.
(Before 4pm, stay out of the Permit Parking lots.)
From Carnegie Mellon to Airport
- Take Fifth Avenue through Oakland past the Hospitals and Carlow
- Turn left onto Craft Street with traffic headed to Parkway 376.
Proceed two blocks and turn right onto The Boulevard of the Allies.
- After 1/2 mile, take the right fork for I-376 West. Follow the
signs for 376/Airport which will take you through the Fort Pitt
Tunnel and onto the Parkway West.
- Continue straight on this roadway, and follow the Parkway as
its name changes from I-376 to I-279 to 60 North.