Next: High Level Format of
Up: Normalized form of a
Previous: Normalized form of a
The following BNF-style convention is used:
- atom An atom is a single entry in a list. An atom cannot
be expanded any further.
- Non-terminal A Non-terminal indicates a
structure that is constructed by either one or more atoms, or of other non-terminals.
- [...] open-close angeled brackets denote the beginning
and end of a list. For example, [this, is, a, list] is a list
containing four atoms.
- * An asterisk denotes a list that may be repeated zero or more
times. For example: [Repeat, this, list]*
[ ] (empty list) or
[repeat, this, list],..., [repeat, this, list].
- + A plus sign denotes a list that occurs one or more times.
The ``'' sign indicates a choice. For example:
Person = man