Two-Speed Manual Transmission Model
In this assignment we're going to construct a simplified model of a
manual transmission. First, here's a little video to explain how
manual transmissions work:
We're going to use a simplified model that has only two speeds and one
collar ("dog clutch"):
Here is the model in SolidWorks:
Here's a video of the model in action:
What You're Given For This Assignment
What To Do For This Assignment
- Make the differential gears (small gear: 32 teeth; large gear: 48 teeth). We started this in class.
- Make the right panel, based on what you see in the shop drawings.
- Add the gears to the RedSheet drawing file and the right panel to the
ClearSheet drawing file.
- Generate and color the DXF files.
- Cut your plastic. (Warning: if you don't do Unite Lines in the
laser cutter client, the gears will take much longer to
- Assemble your "pocket transmission" Don't forget to use Loctite.
What to Hand In
- Hand in the SLDPRT files for your gears and right panel, and your colored DXF files.
- Post a picture of your completed "Pocket Transmission" to Piazza.
Last modified: Sun Oct 16 04:24:34 EDT 2016