- Goals and philosophy
(If you want to see the videos you will need to download
them as well. I've added several to what I showed in lecture.)
v1_4 v26_4 v3_3
v4_3 v5_4 v7_4
for the robotic origami video, YouTube "robotic origami"
I did not upload the cup-stacking video -- too big.
Nor the Michael Moschen video, for copyright reasons.
Aibo Pedipulation video (courtesy of Ethan Tira-Thompson)
Some ape and monkey stuff I've collected:
- Termite fishing
- Notes on chimp vs human genome. Locomotion
implications of Lucy's butt. Marzke interview touching on chimp throwing
and Lucy throwing.
- Humans vs baboons I.
- Humans vs baboons II.
- Monkeys vs humans I.
- Monkeys vs humans II.
- Kinematic foundations
- Central projection figure (Cabri file)
- Parallel lines figure (Cabri file)
- Dual construct figure (Cabri file)
- Planar kinematics
some additional resources:
- Cornell kinematics site
Synthesis of Linkages, by Denavit and Hartenberg, full text onlin
- Movie files used in lecture
- Cabri files
- Spatial kinematics. Constraint
- Kinematics of Machinery: Outlines of a Theory of Machines.
Franz Reuleaux and Alex B. W. Kennedy (ed. and trans.)
full text online
- Machine manipulation before robotics
- Kinematic representation: spatial rotation
- Screw coordinates. (That's not an imperative, it's a noun phrase.)
- Representing kinematic constraint
- Factory manipulation; pick-and-place
- Cspace transform and path planning
- Kinematic models of contact
- Foundations of statics.
- Polyhedral Convex Cones
- Oriented Plane
- Moment Labelling
(Notes below this point are unrevised from previous years.)
- Early autonomous manipulation
- Planar sliding
- Examples one and two
- Limit surface Mathematica notebook
- Limit surface for barbell, views 1, 2,
- See the examples: here and here
- Quasistatic manipulation. Grasps and fixtures.
- Force dual
- Polar Mathematica notebook
- Polar video
- Duality video
- Parts orienting
- Bowl feeder video
- Sony APOS parts orienting system
- Biological manipulation
- Tumbling body video
- Dynamics and frictional contact; impact
Other old lectures / notes
- Quasidynamic parts orienting
- Manipulation planning
- Mehmet's lecture?
- Juggling "theory"
- Degani's lecture: Dynamic Climbing
- Juggling "practice"