15-740 Fall '14
Here are some links to simulators and other performance analysis tools
that you may find useful:
- Simulators and benchmarks list at U. of Wisconsin's
Computer Architecture Page.
- Pin: a binary instrumention tool for x86.
- SimpleScalar: a superscalar processor simulator.
- Simics: a functional simulator for x86 and SPARC.
- SimFlex: a multiprocessor timing simulator.
- GEMS: a multiprocessor timing simulator.
- WARTS: Wisconsin
Architectural Research Tool Set: a collection of tools including a
path profiling tool, cache simulators, etc.
- Augmint: a
multiprocessor simulator for x86 architectures.
- RSIM: a multiprocessor
simulator that models out-of-order superscalar processors.
- PARSEC: a
suite of parallel applications for shared-memory machines that are often
used in parallel architecture studies.
- SPLASH: an
older suite of parallel applications for shared-memory machines that are often
used in parallel architecture studies. (PARSEC is preferable to SPLASH.)
- MediaBench: multimedia
Back to 15-740 home page.