Project 3 [ps] [pdf]
Stateful Functionality in the IP
Out: Thursday, November 1
Due: Tuesday, December 4, 5PM
We have a FAQ for the
10% off till Dec 5, 5pm
20% off till Dec 6, 5pm
no credit after that
- [11/2] A better TCP state transition
diagram is given in Stevens' Unix Network Programming, Volume 1, page
36-39. The diagram is easier to understand. You can either read the
book or look at the scanned copy of the picture here.
- [11/3] Link your kernel using the libraries in project3/lib
directory (you need to change the project directory path in Makefile). The
libnet.a file in project3/lib directory is slightly different from the one
you used in project 2.
- [11/6] In the final report, describe the structure of the session table entry (what information you need to store in the session table). Also mention when the entries are added to and removed from the table.
- [11/24] A probable policy of how the project-3 will be graded is here. [ps] [pdf]
- [12/19] Project 3 has been graded. You should have a file "grade.txt" containing your grade in your handin directory. The project was graded according to the grading guidelines and this specification.