The final project will constitute 35% of your course grade. Please
see these gallery links from previous terms: 1, 2, 3, 4.
What to Hand In
- Leave your completed physical final project in your project bin
(the same one you used for the Pascaline) in the DFab lab. You can
have it back after we've graded it.
- Package the following items in a zip file that you submit through AutoLab by
- Your SolidWorks design files.
- At least two photographs of your physical project, suitable for
display in the gallery we'll be creating. "Suitable" means the
picture is in focus, properly lit, and with an uncluttered
- A text file with a brief writeup of your project, describing the
idea and pointing out something interesting about it. "Interesting"
could mean use of sophisticated SolidWorks features (e.g.,
parameterized equations, or reference geometry and lofts), unusual
construction techniques (such as the "dragon's claw" latch technique
we discussed in class), noteworthy artistic features, or something
- Additional links or images to help illustrate your point. For
example, if you're doing something clever in SolidWorks, include some
SolidWorks screen captures that show off what you did. If you're
modeling a character or an object from popular media, include a
picture of the actual thing you're modeling. If you're creating a
variant of an existing product, include a link to the source of your
inspiration in the text file you submit.
Final project files and physical artifacts are due by Friday,
October 23. The physical items should be left in your project
boxes for review and grading.
List of Final Projects
Back to 15-294 course home page
Last modified: Sun Oct 4 03:17:17 EDT 2015