Last Updated: March 04, 2014
hyejuj at cs dot cmu dot edu
I am a Ph.D student in the Language Technologies Institute
at Carnegie Mellon University
, working with Carolyn Rose
Natural language processing, Computational linguistics, Discourse analysis, Text mining in various domains
- Adamson, D., Dyke, G., Jang, H., Rose, C. P., "Towards an agile approach to adapting dynamic collaboration support to student needs," International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education 24.1 (2014): 92-124, 2014.
- Hyeju Jang, Seongchan Kim, Wookhyun Shin, Sung-Hyon Myaeng, “Personal Information Access Using Proactive Search and Mobile Hypertext,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 27-36, 2010. [PDF]
- David Adamson, Colin Ashe, Hyeju Jang, David Yaron, Carolyn P. Rose, “Intensification of Group Knowledge Exchange with Academically Productive Talk Agents,” 10th International Conference on Computer Collaborative Supportive Learning, 2013.
- Miaomiao Wen, Zeyu Zheng, Hyeju Jang, Guang Xiang, and Carolyn Rose. Extracting Events with Informal Temporal References in Personal Histories in Online Communities. ACL'13, 2013
- Jack Mostow, Hyeju Jang, “Generating Diagnostic Multiple Choice Comprehension Cloze Questions,” Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications Workshop at NAACL-HLT. 2012.
- Hyeju Jang, Jack Mostow, “Inferring Selectional Preferences from Part-of-Speech N-grams,” In Proceedings of the 13th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Avignon, France. 2012.
- Hyeju Jang, Jack Mostow, “Word Relatives Finder: Inferring Relations from N-gram Data,” LTI Student Research Symposium, Poster presentation
- Sakwang Song, Hungsun Oh, Yoonjung Choi, Hyeju Jang, Sung-Hyon Myaeng, Sungpil Choi, Yunsoo Choi, “Procedural Entity Extraction for Procedural Knowledge on Medline Abstracts,” Korea Computer Congress 2011, pp. 154-157, 2011. In Korean [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Sanghyun Kim, Changseok Bae, “Personalized Healthcare through Intelligent Gadgets,” 30th Annual International Conference IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3308-3311, 2008. [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Kuksang Jeong, Jongho Won, Changseok Bae, “Context Representation of Intelligent Gadgets for Event-driven Services,” International Conference on Consumer Electronics, pp. 1-2, 2008. [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Jongho Won, Changseok Bae, "MEMORIA: Personal Memento Service Using Intelligent Gadgets,” HCI International 2007, LNCS 4552, pp. 331-339, 2007. [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Yun Jin, Sung Hyon Myaeng, “Integration of Low Level Linguistic Information for Clinical Document Semantic Tagging,” Proc. of IEEE Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, pp. 292-297, 2006. [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Sa Kwang Song, Sung Hyon Myaeng, "Text Mining for Medical Documents Using a Hidden Markov Model,” The 3rd Asia Information Retrieval Symposium, LNCS 4182, pp. 553-559, 2006. [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Sa Kwang Song, Sung Hyon Myaeng, "Semantic Tagging for Medical Knowledge Tracking,” 28th Annual International Conference IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 6257-6260, 2006. [PDF]
- Hyeju Jang, Sa Kwang Song, Sung Hyon Myaeng , "High Level Semantic Tagging in Clinical Documents Using a HMM Model,” Korea Computer Congress 2006, 2006. In Korean
- Hyeju Jang, Yuchul Jung, Bo-Yeong Kang, Sa Kwang Song, Yun Jin, Hoon Song, Sung Hyon Myaeng , "Design of Topic Detection and Tracking System for QA in Encyclopedia,” Korea Computer Congress 2006, pp. 22-24, 2006. In Korean [PDF]
- Sung Hyon Myaeng, Yoon Jae Jeong, Keun Chan Park, Gwan Jang, Hye Ju Jang, “Apparatus and Method for Searching Local Information,” Korean Patent No. 10-2009-0119762, applied in December 2009
- Sung Hyon Myaeng, Hye Ju Jang, Wook Hyun Shin, Seong Chan Kim, ”Method for Providing Hypertext in Mobile Phone,” Korean Patent No. 10-2009-0116877, applied in November 2009
- Sung Hyon Myaeng, Seong Chan Kim, Hye Ju Jang, Wook Hyun Shin, “System and Method for Providing Recommended Words Using Context in a Mobile Communication Terminal,” Korean Patent No. 10-2009-0116864, applied in November 2009