Welcome To My Website
I am a Ph.D. student at Language Technologies Institute, School of Computer Science,
Carnegie Mellon University, since Fall 2009.
I am co-advised by Prof. William Cohen and Prof. Jamie Callan, in the area of Information Extraction and Information Retrieval.
I have completed my Masters in 2007 from IIT Bombay under the guidance of Prof. S. Sudarshan. I worked in Google India from 2007-2009 as a Software Engineer.
Google Scholar Profile
- Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Information Retrieval
- Keyword search on external memory data graphs, Bhavana Bharat Dalvi, Meghana Kshirsagar and S. Sudarshan, Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, VLDB 2008 pdf
- Automatic Gloss Finding for a Knowledge Base using Ontological Constraints, Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, Einat Minkov, Partha Pratim Talukdar, and William W. Cohen, Under submission. [draft]
- Multi-View Hierarchical Semi-supervised Learning by Optimal Assignment of Sets of Labels to Instances, Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, and William W. Cohen, Under submission. [draft]
- Exploratory Learning , Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, in Proceedings of European Conference on “Machine Learning” ECML/PKDD 2013 pdf [code]
- From Topic Models to Semi-Supervised Learning: Biasing Mixed-membership Models to Exploit Topic-Indicative Features in Entity Clustering , Ramnath Balasubramanyan, Bhavana Dalvi Mishra and William W. Cohen, in Proceedings of European Conference on “Machine Learning” ECML/PKDD 2013 pdf
- Very Fast Similarity Queries on Semi-Structured Data from the Web , Bhavana Dalvi and William W. Cohen, Proceedings of the SIAM International Conference on Data Mining SDM 2013 pdf
- WebSets: Extracting Sets of Entities from the Web Using
Unsupervised Information Extraction, Bhavana Dalvi, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, Proceedings of the The Fifth ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, WSDM 2012 pdf (Datasets and Evaluation : link)
- Entity List Completion Using Set Expansion Techniques, Bhavana Dalvi, Jamie Callan and William Cohen, Proceedings of the The Nineteenth Text REtrieval Conference, TREC 2010 pdf
Publications from Workshops/Challenges
- A Language Modeling Approach to Entity Recognition and Disambiguation for Search Queries, Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, Chenyan Xiong, and Jamie Callan, in Proceedings of ERD 2014, Entity Recognition and Disambiguation Challenge at SIGIR 2014. pdf
- Classifying Entities into an Incomplete Ontology , Bhavana Dalvi Mishra, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, in Proceedings of AKBC 2013, 3rd Knowledge Extraction workshop at CIKM 2013. pdf
- Collectively Representing Semi-Structured Data from the Web , Bhavana Dalvi, William W. Cohen and Jamie Callan, Proceedings of the NAACL HLT 2012 Workshop on Automatic Knowledge Base Construction and Web-scale Knowledge Extraction AKBC-WEKEX 2012 pdf (Best paper runner-up)
- Structure, Tie Persistence and Event Detection in Large Phone and SMS Networks, Leman Akoglu and Bhavana Dalvi, Proceedings of the Eighth Workshop on Mining and Learning with Graphs, KDD 2010 pdf
Office: 5509, Gates Hillman Center, CMU.
- October 2014: Program committee member for AKBC 2014 4th Workshop on Automated Knowledge Base Construction at NIPS 2014
- August 2014: Awarded Honorable mention for presentation at the 2014 LTI Student Research Symposium (SRS 2014) held in CMU on 21st Aug'14.
- June 2014: A workshop paper published in Entity Recognition and Disambiguation Challenge ERD 2014, at SIGIR 2014.
- Mar 2014: Program committee member for EMNLP 2014 (Information Extraction track)
- Dec 2013: Presented Thesis proposal. Committee members: Prof. William Cohen(CMU), Prof. Jamie Callan(CMU), Prof. Tom Mitchell(CMU), and Dr. Alon Halevy(Google Research).
- August 2013: Awarded Honorable mention for presentation at the 2013 LTI Student Research Symposium (SRS 2013) held in CMU on 21st Aug'13.
- June 2013: Received 2013 Google U.S./Canada Fellowship in Information Extraction : (List of recipients)
- April 2013: Student travel award for SDM 2013
- Jan 2013: Got married to an awesome person Aditya Mishra :)
- Summer 2012: Intern at Google research, Mountain View. Host : Anish Das Sarma, Team lead by : Alon Halevy
- Program committee member for EMNLP 2012, NAACL HLT 2013, AKBC 2013, EMNLP 2014
- Reviewer for Journal of Internet and Information Systems 2011, WWW Journal 2011, ECML/PKDD 2013 Journal track, WSDM 2014(secondary reviewer), VLDB 2014(secondary reviewer)
- Fall 2012, Spring 2011: Teaching assistant for Analysis of Social Media 10-802
Email: bbd AT cs DOT cmu DOT edu
- Listening to music
- Reading motivational books
- Watching animation movies