Fredkin Professor of AI and Learning
Director, Center for Automated Learning and Discovery
School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
How can we make computers improve automatically from experience?
- How can computers learn to decode a person's mental state from their brain activity?
- How can computers learn to classify text and extract information from the web?
- How can computers learn from (i.e., data mine) large historical
Where do I think the study of intelligence is headed?
- Statistical Approaches to Learning and Discovery, 10-702 and 15-802 , Spring, 2003.
- Computational Analyses of Brain Imaging, 10-731 and 85-735 , Spring, 2003.
- Machine Learning, 10-701 and 15-781 , Fall 2002.
Approaches to Learning, 15-889 and 36-835 , Spring 1999.
Machine Learning, 15-681 and 15-781 , Fall 1998.
- Tutorial on Machine Learning over Natural Language
Documents, Jan. 1997.
slides per page).