Let'em Drink Lager
Heat 13 qts water to 120F. Add crushed grain. 30 min protein rest at 110F.
Add 4 qts boiling water to grain. Stir in flaked maize.
15 min intermediate rest at 150F to liquify flakes. Heat to 155F for 90 min.
Mash out at 170F for 5 mins. Sparge to collect 7.5 gals of wort.
Boil for 90 mins. Ferment at 55F then bottle and lager at 33F for 2-6 months.
- 5.5 lbs american 6-row pale malt
- 4 lbs Munton&Fison lager malt
- 2 lbs flaked maize
- .5 lbs carapils
- 2 oz N.Brewer hop pellets (7.1%AA) (60 min)
- .25 oz Hallertau hop pellets (4.2%AA) (60 min)
- 1.5 oz Hallertau hop leaf (30 min)
- 1 oz Hallertau hop leaf (10 min)
- Wyeast #2035 American Lager Yeast
Makes 6 gals.
OG = 1.067
FG = 1.014