Roger went over some functions in Nyquist that illustrated quantization.
|Question: does band-limited dither sound better? Use resampling to create less-than full-bandwidth noise. Use it to dither a signal of your choice. You might need to experiment with bandwidth and amplitude. Can you make something that sounds better than uniform (white noise) dither? |
- Realize one of Moorer's additive instrument tones.
- Pick a project.
- Discussed envelopes.
- Roger went over some functions in Nyquist that illustrated time varying filters.
- Use a time-varying filter to create an interesting tone.
- Discussed filters. Tom talked about FM synthesis, then Roger went over some functions in Nyquist that implemented it.
- Create a plucked string-like sound with FM.
- Make a cool sound with FM.