Also see the complete list of papers.
- (MilCom13) Karen Zita Haigh, John Tranquilli, Dianne Egnor, Hala Mostafa,
Guevara Noubir, Scott Roche, Ravi Sundaram, "Optimizing Mitigation
Strategies: Learning to choose communication strategies to mitigate
interference", submitted to MilCom, San Diego 2013.
- (MilCom13) Karen Zita Haigh, Hala Mostafa, Joanne Como, Dianne Egnor
"Using HMMs to Model, Predict and Mitigate Jammer Interference,"
submitted to MilCom, San Diego 2013.
- (AFRL 12) Karen Zita Haigh, "Learning to choose communication strategies to mitigate interference", in 2012 Cognitive RF Workshop, Kirtland Air Force Base, Alburquerque, NM. September 2012.
- (AFRL 11) Karen Zita Haigh, Can Artificial Intelligence meet the Cognitive Networking Challenge?, invited presentation to AFRL, Sensors directorate, Dayton, OH, July 2011. A short form of this talk was presented at the Sept 21-22 AFRL Cognitive RF workshop and at the 12 Oct UMN DTC seminar. Journal paper, submission
- (TIST 11) Karen Zita Haigh and Fusun Yaman, ReCycle: Learning Looping Workflows from Annotated Traces, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, Article 42, pages 42:1-42:30, July 2011.
- (SYW 08) Dana Moore, Michael Thome and Dr. Karen Zita Haigh, Scripting Your World: The Official Guide to Scripting in Second Life, Wiley, 2008.
- (MSR 08) Karen Zita Haigh, Talib S. Hussain, Craig Partridge, Gregory D. Troxel, "Rethinking Networking Architectures for Cognitive Control" Microsoft Research Cognitive Wireless Networking Summit 2008, 5-6 June 2008. Snoqualmie, WA. Slides
- (Globecom 07)
Gregory D. Troxel, Armando Caro, Isidro Castineyra, Nick Goffee, Karen
Zita Haigh, Talib Hussain, Vikas Kawadia, Paul G. Rubel, David Wiggins.
"Cognitive Adaptation for Teams in
In IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference,
- (ICNSC 2007)
Karen Zita Haigh, Olu Olofinboba, Choon Yik Tang, "Designing an Implementable
User-Oriented Objective Function for MANETs",
IEEE International Conference
On Networking, Sensing and Control, 2007, London, UK.
Karen Zita Haigh, Srivatsan Varadarajan, Choon Yik Tang, "Automatic Learning-based MANET
Cross-Layer Parameter Configuration", in
Wireless Ad hoc and Sensor Networks (WWASN2006), Lisbon, Portugal 2006.
Karen Zita Haigh, Liana Maria Kiff, Geoffrey Ho, "The Independent LifeStyle
AssistantTM (I.L.S.A.): Lessons
Learned." In Assistive Technology, 18:87-106, 2006.
- (Thesis) Karen Zita Haigh, "Situation-Dependent Learning for
Interleaved Planning and Robot Execution," PhD Thesis, School of Computer
Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3891, February 1998.
(AIPS 98) Karen Zita Haigh and Manuela M. Veloso, "Planning, Execution and Learning in a
Robotic Agent," in Artificial Intelligence Planning Systems (AIPS-98), June 1998. Pages 120-127. This paper is essentially a
summary of my thesis.