info2www - The GNU Info Node to HTML Gateway
Copyright: This program is in the Public Domain.
script makes your CGI compliant HTTP/1.0 or later server a gateway
to all that information you have "stacked away" in the GNU Info Nodes
(you know - the Info Nodes accessible from Emacs).
The Info Nodes are parsed and formatted on the fly by info2www and presents
hyperlinks to other Info Nodes that your WWW browser can use (hopefully).
Configuration and installation
The following steps are necessary for getting info2www up and running:
- Make sure that Perl is installed on your system
- Choose a directory under your ServerRoot directory, e.g.
ServerRootinfo2www for keeping the info2www files in.
- Extract the tar-file info2www.tar.Z
into this directory
- Edit the info2www script and make the following changes:
- Change the first line to use the path to where Perl is installed on
- Change the @INFOPATH array to contain the directory(-ies) where you keep
your GNU Info Node files.
- Change the %ALIAS associative array to map aliases the way you like.
- If the path to your info2www directory is different than
ServerRoot/info2www then change the references to where the icons
are really located (relative to ServerRoot).
You can even set one or more icon references to "" and that icon will not
- If you want to use your own local copy of this document then change
$docref to point at your own URL for this document.
- Copy or make a link of info2www to your CGI script directory -
e.g. ServerRoot/cgi-bin .
- Include hyperlinks to the info2www CGI interface wherever you want in
your other hypertext documents.
The info2www script should be called with 0 or 1 argument as follows:
- <A HREF="http://yourserver/your-cgi-dir/info2www">
- Access the default Info Node (DIR)Top
- <A HREF="http://yourserver/your-cgi-dir/info2www?(Emacs)">
- Access the Info Node (Emacs)Top
- <A HREF="http://yourserver/your-cgi-dir/info2www?(GCC)Copying">
GCC Copying License</A>
- Access the Info Node (GCC)Copying