- "Software Architecture: Practice, Potential, and Pitfalls",
The Fifteenth ISCIS Conference (keynote address), Turkey, 11/94
- Bell Northern Research, Ottawa CA, October 1994
- HP Labs, Hewlett-Packard, Palo Alto CA, October 1994
- Siemens Corporation, New Jersey, January 1995
- Ford Motor Company, Detroit MI, April 1995
- STC, Salt Lake City, May 1995
- "Architectural Issues in Software Reuse: It's Not Just the
Functionality, It's the Packaging", Symposium on Software Reuse, April
1995, Seattle WA (invited keynote)
- Distinguished Lecturer in PipeLINK Program, Rensselaer Polytechnic
Institute, Troy NY, April 1995, "Abstraction and Codification in
- Microsoft Corporation, Seattle WA, October 1994.
- Boeing Corporation, Seattle WA, October 1994.
- Computer Science Department, University of Washington, Seattle WA, October 1994.
- Invited address, The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, Washington DC, June 1994.
- Dagstuhl Workshop on Software Architectures, Saarbruecken, Germany, February 1995.
- Organized First International Workshop on Architectures for Software Systems, April 1995
- Formal Specification: Foundations, Methods, Tools and Applications, Warsaw, Poland, May 29-June 1, 1995.
- Workshop on Industrializing Formal Specification Techniques, Ft. Lauderdale, April 5-8, 1995.
- Ninth Meeting of the TTCP (The Technical Cooperation Program)
of English Speaking Countries, a Subcommittee on Non-Atomic
Military Research and Development) SubGroup X, October 1994, Pittsburgh PA.
- Meeting of IFIP Working Group 2.4 on System Implementation Languages, Ligonier PA, June 1995.
- Workshop on Software Architecture, ICSE-17, Seattle WA, April 1995 (member of program committee)
- Open Implementation Workshop, Portland OR, October 1994.
- First Annual Conference on Pattern Languages for Programming, Monticello, IL, August 1994.
- USC-CSE SW Architectures Workshop, Los Angeles CA, June 1994 (invited).
- Panel member, "The Role of Software Architecture in COTS", SEI-sponsored Workshop on COTS. January 1995.
By the end of the summer, prototype software tools will be available
for other researchers to use. Installation of prototype tools at
industrial sites for demonstration purposes. Prospective sites include
Siemens Corp. Research, UniSys, Silicon Graphics Corp. Discussed a
collaborative effort with Belmont Research, Inc. of Cambridge, MA to
pursue the signature matching ideas of Zaremski and Wing. Applied for
joint funding to NIST.
Guest Editor for IEEE Trans on Software Eng. Special Issue on Software
Architecture (April 1995)
- Mary Shaw. "Abstraction and Codification in Software Engineering",
Presented at The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing,
distributed by University Video Communications.
- David Garlan and Mary Shaw. "Architectures for Software Systems."
- Half-day tutorial invited for SIGSOFT '94, December 1994.
David Garlan, Mary Shaw, and Jose Galmes. "Experience with a Course
on Architectures for Software Systems, Part II: Educational
Materials." Carnegie-Mellon University School of Computer Science
Technical Report CMU-CS-94-178, December 1994.
Comments? Gripes? Accolades?
Mail the current maintainer of this page.
Last modified: July 7, 1995