CADET Home Page
CADET is a Case-based Design Tool.
CADET is a system that aids conceptual design of electro-mechanical
devices and is based on the paradigm of
For an overview of the CADET system and the underlying ideas, browse
The CADET project team
- Sycara, K., Guttal, R., Koning, J., Narasimhan, S., Navinchandra,
"CADET: a Case-based Synthesis Tool for Engineering Design",
International Journal of Expert Systems, Vol. 4, No. 2, 1992.
- Navinchandra, D., Sycara, K., and Narasimhan, S. "A Transformational
Approach to Case Based Synthesis", Artificial Intelligence in Engineering,
Manufacturing and Design, (AIEDAM)], Vol. 5, No. 1, May 1991.
- Sycara, K. and Navinchandra, D. "Index Transformation Techniques for
Facilitating Creative Use of Multiple Cases". In Proceedings of the
Twelfth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
(IJCAI-91), Sydney, Australia, August, 1991.
- Navinhandra, D., Sriram, D., and Sycara, K., "Analogical and Case-Based
Reasoning". In Knowledge-Based and Neural Network Approaches to Engineering
Problem Solving, D. Sriram (ed), Academic Press, 1993.
- Sycara, K. and Navinchandra, D. "Retrieval Strategies in a Case-Based
Design System", In Artificial Intelligence in Engineering Design, Volume
C. Tong and D. Sriram (Eds.), Academic Press Inc., July, 1992.
- Navinhandra, D., Narasimhan, S, and Sycara, K., "Qualitative Reasoning
Methods in Design" A. Kusiak (ed.), Intelligent Design and Manufacturing,
John Wiley and Sons, New York,
- Sycara, K. and Navinchandra D., "Integrating Case-Based
Reasoning and Qualitative Reasoning in Engineering Design". In Artificial
Intelligence in Engineering Design, J. Gero (Ed.),
Computational Mechanics Publications, U.K., July 1989.
- Michelena, N, and Sycara, K. "Physical Synthesis in Case-Based Design",
In Proceedings of the ASME Conference on Design Theory and Methodology,
Minneapolis, MN. September 1994.
- Michelena, N. and Sycara, K. "Performance Representation in Case-Based
Design", In Proceedings of the ASME Conference on Design Theory and
Methodology, Minneapolis, MN., September 1994.
- Sycara, K. "Case Based Synthesis in Engineering Design",
In Proceedings of the DARPA
Manufacturing and Design Engineering Workshop, Palo Alto, Ca., May 1992.
- Sycara, K. and Navinchandra, D. "Influences: A Thematic Abstraction for
Creative Use of Multiple Cases", In Proceedings of the Case-Based Reasoning
Workshop, Washington, DC., May 1991.
- Sycara, K. and Navinchandra, D. "Index Transformation and
Generation for Case Retrieval". In Proceedings of the 1989 Case-Based
Reasoning Workshop, Pensacola Beach, Fla., May 1989.
Interacting with the CADET system
CADET consists of sub-systems that we call
(Case-based Retrieval for Design). This system is being refurbished and is
non-operational at this time.
Extensions to CADET with an enhanced device model has been implemented
system. This system integrates model-based reasoning and case-based
Madhusudan, T.N.,CMU, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.. This design system
is copyrighted. For further information, suggestions, comments, send mail