VMware licensed software
VMware: VMware Workstation
The School of Computer Science no longer maintains licenses for VMware. VMware is virtual machine software for the desktop that runs on Windows and Linux OSes. We currently recommend using VMware Server for Windows or Linux Operating systems. VMware Server is free software available at:www.vmware.com/products/server/
If you need features that are unavailable in VMware Server, Computing Services maintains a license for VMware Workstation.
- License holder: Computing Services.
- Available for: Linux, Windows.
- Who can install it: Faculty, staff, students.
- Cost to users: $61.00
- Getting access to it: Order it through the Carnegie Mellon University Computer Store. The Computer Store is located at:
Carnegie Mellon University Store Computer Sales University Center, LL 5032 Forbes Avenue
- License code required: Yes. Once you purchase it from the Computer Store the license will be ordered from the Computing Services Licensing Office. The license will then be emailed to you.
- Getting help using VMware on an SCS supported Computer: Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or browse the VMware products at http://www.vmware.com/products/.
- Questions regarding the license: Email: email@example.com